Monday, July 28, 2008

The X-Files: I Want To Believe

Seen on Friday.

To be honest, I had expected a lot more.

It's a great thriller with suspence a action, but it's just not 'The X-Files'.

I stopped watching the TV series when the whole story started to become to complicated inside the FBI; I loved the older episodes with lots of mystery and aliens and other supernatural stuff.

Can't really remember the first movie - but I don't think it was so special either, when I can't remember anything.

This time there is to much about Scully's and Mulder's past - don't even know if they really had a common past with a deeper relation or if the just put it in to make the movie a bit more interesting.
Only mystical thing is that there's a priest - a sentenced pedophile - who has visions of kidnapped women, because of his spiritual connection to one of his past victims.

If you want to see a thriller, it's a great movie.

If you want 'The X-Files', you should at least save the money for the cinema and rent the DVD later.

Website: The X-Files: I Want To Believe
----------------
MC listened to: Dixie Chicks - Long Time Gone
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

My World said...

Well there was one really funny scene and the movie had potential.

But it was not the old X-Files we loved...

It was a nice thriller, worth watching, once, but nothing more...

It was not mysterious, there was not the mood of the old seasons.

I account this movie as thriller you could see. That is the best rating I am able to give.

I will always love to remember the old - and only true! - seasons of this great mystery TV-Show!