Saturday, July 19, 2008

Kris Kristofferson in Vienna

Friday, 18. July, 2008

Wonderfull concert!

On Thursday my friend Maze told me that Kris will be in Vienna on Friday.
Didn't think I would get a good ticket, but luck was on my side and I got the last ticket in the 16th row. Around that seat all were already sold. Then there were just a few tickets - 20 or so - in the last rows left. Lucky me! :-)

To be honest before this concert I didn't know too much about Kris Kristofferson. Only saw him the in 'Blade'-Trilogy and 'Convoy' and knew that he had sung the theme-song of 'Convoy'.

The concert was really worth being seen!

His songs and his whole appearance seemed pretty true and honest to me.
The songs are great and the things he said between them were pretty cool. Like when in advance of one song he said 'I wrote it for my kids and their momS.' - got a lot of laughs.
But he also said serious things. He mentioned that these days news are rather depressing everytime you read the paper but he's faithful that soon there will be the headline 'Barack Obama - new president of the United States'. From the reactions of the audience you could tell that people all over the world hope for a change, and maybe Obama could be the start of several changes all over the planet.

After the first hour he made a short intermission and as the lights went on a guy ran to the stage with a guitar case and Kris signed his guitar right away. I found that very kind of him!

To bad I didn't have my camera with me, but here's a little video from youtube-user wuzlump.



Website: Kris Kristofferson
----------------
MC listened to: Kris Kristofferson - Just The Other Side Of Nowhere
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

My World said...

Nice entry :)

Great that you had so much fun!