Friday, July 4, 2008

Wok'n'Roll

Yesterday we tried a new Restaurant at the SCS Multiplex (shopping mall with restaurant and an UCI cinema; about 20 km south of Vienna).

The Wok'n'Roll is a wonderfull restaurant with a nice interieur and an overwhelming choice of different Asian dishes - Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai, etc.

We thought several times of trying it because it always smelled fantastic when we went by.
Believe it or not it tasted even better then it smelled! :-)

Julia had Samosa (Indian dumpling filled with spicy vegetables) as starter and Wok'n'Roll Season's Vegetables (fried vegetables served with jasmine rice) as main course.
As starter I had Sateh Ayam (tender chicken skewers with spicy peanut sauce) and Wok'n'Roll Duck (fried duck with east'n'west asia sauce served with madarin bread and rice) as main course.
I also had a dessert called Asian Snow White (Thai rice pudding - Sago - with caramel sauce and almonds).



Everything was fantastic!

We drank mango juice. We thought that it would be very sweet but it wasn't - it was really delicious and refreshing.

I am sure we will stop by there several times in future!

Website: SCS (Shopping City Sued)
----------------
MC listened to: Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

man thai people can even eat grasshoppers yikes

MC said...

Well, that may be true but not only thai people do that. I don't think I would ever try it but on the other side, why not.

My World said...

There are also cultures who think it is strange to eat cows, chicken or similar.

Cultures and their eating habits are different, and that is absolutelly okay.

MC said...

You're absolutely right.
But I don't think I could really eat insects. Snake or some other exotic dishes would be very interesting for me but not insects.

My World said...

I would never eat any of your mentioned animals...brrr

But as you know, I also do not eat beef, pig, rabbit, etc.

A young woman I know tried grasshoppers coated with chocolate when she lived in Africa for a year. She told me she started to really like it...
So maybe it is a matter of consetude?

I would not eat animals or insects, but I would try each exotic fruit and vegetable! :)