Monday, April 28, 2008

'God on a Harley' by Joan Brady

'Als Gott Harley Davidson fuhr' (German title)

This weekend I read this great book.

I bought it some time ago without reading the plot just because I liked the title. When I found it again in a drawer on Friday I saw that it had only 191 pages and was printed in a rather big font. So I thought it could be finished fast and was curious about the story that fits in such a small space. After reading the plot I was a bit worried that it could be just a love story with not to much in it, but after a few pages I recognized that there was a lot of depth inside and that it was not only about love in the common way.
I think a lot of people will find themselves - at least partly - in the protagonist Christine Moore.
There are some really good advice for a better live throughout the whole story.

The plot:

At thirty-seven, Christine Moore had a world-class case of burnout: a frustrating career, a few dead-end romances, and a less-than-perfect figure. Little did she know her life was about to change completely . . .
Everybody is developing continuously and that doesn't only apply to human beings, it also applies to the almighty force commonly called God or something like that.
God recognized that not everything was going like he had planned and that he was often mistaken. So he is out to help every single person and now its time for Christine's life to be improved.
He comes to her in the shape of a biker called Joe on his Harley-Davidson and so begins Christine's journey, a voyage of the spirit that frees her to appreciate each precious moment of life - and reveals to her six wondrous precepts that lead to the deepest peace and fulfillment we can ever know.

I can only recommend this book to everyone!

Website: Joan Brady
----------------
MC listened to: Guns 'N' Roses - November Rain
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

My World said...

I really like your book reviews. They are informative and interesting to read :)

You know I am a book worm so you could not do anything better than to write about books.

MC said...

Well, as you know I don't read too much; but when I do I love to write a little review about the book afterwards.