Monday, April 7, 2008

Charlton Heston, 1923 - 2008

On Saturday Charlton Heston died at the age of 84.
(John Charles Carter; * 4. Oktober 1923 in Evanston, Illinois; † 5. April 2008 in Beverly Hills, California)

Hollywood once again lost one of its greatest stars!


I don't know much about him. To be honest, the only things I know is that he was really superb as Judah in 'Ben-Hur' (1959), as Moses in the movie 'The Ten Commandments' (1956) and as George Taylor in 'Planet of the Apes' (1967).
I love these movies!



Like all stars he also had sides not everybody liked to much - like his activities in the NRA. With statements like 'You can have my gun when you can pry it loose from my cold, dead hand.' he shocked some people.
I think, as long as people act responsible and keep their guns locked in at a safe place, it won't be much of a problem to allow private persons to have guns. As many people often say: 'Guns don't kill people; people kill people.'
A real problem are the guns sold on the black market or just stored in a drawer thats not even locked.

Rest in peace Charlton!

My heart is with the family and friends!


Website: Charlton Heston (Wikipedia)
----------------
MC listened to: Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
via FoxyTunes

No comments: