Thursday, June 26, 2008

still rockin'!

Thanks to Julia's parents we had the pleasure of seeing 'We Will Rock You' again yesterday. (The third time for me!)

Fantastic as always!

Again we saw a different cast as the last time. Galileo was played by Sasha Alexander Lien (like on the first time I saw it) and Scaramouche was played by Silke Braas instead of Jessica Kessler. She has a great soft voice and was a wonderful Scaramouche too, but to be honest I liked Jessica more because she plays Scaramouche more saucily and thereby the complete character is a bit funnier.

This time there were a lot of kids and teens. It was really nice too see that musicals like this one habe the ability to bring young people to the theater. So the wonderful music of Queen and Freddie Mercury's legacy won't be forgotten too soon. (Keep up the great work!)
In the row in front of us there were three young girls who really had a great time. They always screamed and clapped their hands full of joy - even the actors recognized them during the encore and smiled at them. It was a great picture to see everybody smiling with sparkling eyes!

The audience was really disappointing this time. Through the complete musical they were always very enthusiastic and always screamed and applauded joyfully but in the end they just stood up for one song and then sat down again very quickly and just clapped hands sitting. I really didn't understand that. I would have expected a more party-like behavior.
And the actors would have really deserved that!
They were awesome as always!
At least there were loud standing ovations after the finish.

I am really looking forward to the final performance of WWRY on 13. July. I guess then we will see the complete first cast.
And I hope that it will be a loud rocking party!

Websites: We Will Rock You (at), Raimund Theater
----------------
MC listened to: Queen - Headlong
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

My World said...

Oh I love this musical so much!

It is the best I have ever seen!

I have seen it five times and can't wait to see it again!

Yeah, I am still rockin' too :)