Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Austria vs. Germany - 0:1



Ok, I don't like soccer anyway - not the game itself but all the hype about it - but I have to admit that I would have loved to see our team win against the German team. To be honest I don't know much about soccer but I can't believe that anybody really thought that this would happen. Of course there were a lot of wrong decisions by the referees in the previous games so it may be true that there had been a slight chance but I was sure that Germany would win.
Anyway it felt good that the German team was a bit worried about the game.

One thing really positive about our defeat is that this ridiculous euphoria hopefully will cool down at least bit.

And I too hope that we won't have to hear about that stupid game in Cordoba too much in the future. I mean talking about a single game for 30 years and always thinking that it will be repeated is just sad. We one once and always talk big about it and never think about all the games in the meanwhile??? Wtf?! Come on people - WAKE UP!!!
We are no Soccer-Nation!
But there are other things we are good at, like skiing.
And why do we always have to compete so deadly serious when it comes to sport? There are a lot more important things in the world than that!
As far as i know we are very good at medical matters for example.
We don't need sport to be proud of something. When you are not good at one thing just take a look around and you will find something else.
----------------
MC listened to: Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

My World said...

Wonderful entry! I love it!


But I fear there will be another war of nations 2010, but although Austria will win WM as we learned at Raimund Theater ;) *gg*