Monday, June 2, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Seen on Friday.

Against all expectations I liked it very much.
I hadn't heard anything positive about this movie before and so I didn't hope for too much - but it turned out as a good sequel of the story.

Of course I have to admit that there are some not so cool parts. Especially the ending is in my opinion not fitting. The last showdown is pretty cool with the effect inside the temple and the creatures but I think the should have stopped it after the collapse of the pyramid.
The the end of the movie was out of the line of the previous parts and not typical.
I don't write to specifically because I don't want to spoil anybody to much, I think you will know what I mean when you see it.

Right at the start I was a bit disappointed too. I missed the fantastic original I.J.-lettering. The title was just written in the same letters as the cast. And there was also different music instead of the I.J.-Theme.

Overall I really liked the movie! I think there are more jokes and much more fun in than in the other parts. Maybe it's only because times have changed and my so did my sens of humor but I laughed a lot.
And the effects were excellent!

There is one thing left to say: Respect to Harrison Ford for doing most of the stunts by himself!

Website: Indiana Jones
----------------
MC listened to: Johnny Cash - In Them Old Cottonfields Back Home
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

My World said...

It was nice - worth seeing for a Sunday afternoon, but not more than that.

I love Harrison Ford, he is one of my favourite actors and of course he did a good job again.

But the story was a bit lame and too many things were predictable.

I think the authors and director could have made much more out of the really good idea behind the movie...