Monday, September 10, 2007

The Last Legion

Just saw 'The Last Legion' at the cinema.
I didn't expect much because I had seen only the german trailer once and didn't know much about it. Good so - if I had seen the original trailer I would have expected a lot more.
It's a good movie, not a must see but a good one. The story (legend) on which the movie is based is great, the conversion is nice.
The story about Ceasar's sword - now known as King Arthur's Excalibur - is fascinating; I didn't know that it was originally forged for Julius Caesar.
I am not sure if Excalibur was really 'The Sword in the Stone'. There is a version of that legend where Arthur breaks the sword that made him King in a fight with King Pellinore and then receives Excalibur from 'The Lady of the Lake'.
I guess I will check on that legend for further information.

Website: The Last Legion

No comments: