Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mamma Mia - The Movie

Seen on Thursday.

Well, when I heard about the movie for the first time I was really sceptical how it would be. The trailers seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I really liked the musical and so I wasn't sure if the movie would be viewable or just be sort of painful.

Now I am glad that we gave it a try.
I think they all did a very good job!
Of course the singing wasn't perfect but I never would have guessed what great singing voices some actors have.
The scenery in the movie is of course a lot better than on stage and you are closer to everything.
I am not totally sure but maybe I like the movie even more than the musical.

Everyone was great in his/her role.

Plot:
Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) live with her mother Donna (Meryl Streep) on a small greek island and is about to marry her boyfriend Sky (Dominic Cooper). But Sophie doesn't feel to be ready for this major step without knowing who her father is. So she reads her mother's diary and invites her three possible fathers - Bil (Stellen Skarsgard), Sam (Pierce Brosnan) and Harry (Colin Firth).
When Donna finds out that those three are on the island everything starts to go upside down.

A great movie with a lot of fun and heart!

Website: Mamma Mia

1 comment:

My World said...

Very nice and absolutelly worth seeing. But although the beautiful sceneries were better in the movie (of course ;) ) I think Mamma Mia is more a story for a musical.
But I really have to say Meryl Streep again did a wonderful job. She is such a perfect actress, who knows to play each character.