Thursday, July 19, 2007

Crete 12 - Trip to Chania, lost wallet

For today we had planned to go to Chania by bus and visit some excavations and museums. But a quirk of fate crossed our plans - somewhere on the way from the ticket office in Kavros to a book store in Chania I lost my wallet including my Mastercard and the ATM card. We looked everywhere we had been so far but couldn't find it. People were very nice and everyone tried to help us. We immediatly went back to Kavros and searched there too. A lady from a ceramics shop even helped me to translate my problem to the guy in the ticket office. She said she will tell me if she heard something when I come back in the evening.
So we went back to the Hotel, I canceled my cards and we spent the afternoon on the beach.
After dinner we once again went to Kavros to ask the lady if she had heard something. But as I thought there was no trace of my wallet.
At this time it didn't matter too much to me. Cards were already canceled, and there were only two more days left, so money wasn't such a big problem.
To bad we couldn't visit Chania again but we will come to Crete again and then we will make it up.

No comments: