Monday, February 8, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

On Friday we watched the new Sherlock Holmes movie.
We had already known that the story and the behavior of the characters are different from the usual Holmes stories.
In fact I really enjoyed the movie; there is lots of fun, action and tension.
I think even if you love the rather stiff and stereotypically british Holmes from the old stories you might like this movie. Yes, it's different but really good.
To be honest I believe that the new Holmes character is much more realistic than the old ones. You see the behavior of a genius when there is nothing to do, and that just being a genius doesn't do the trick. He has lots of problems and the smart Dr. Watson has problems too, so I am sure it's closer to live then it was before.
What I really loved were the fight scenes where her thought of what he will do in slow motion with a pretty cool monologue and realized it afterwards.

Hope there will be a sequel!

Website: Sherlock Holmes

No comments: