Thursday, October 25, 2007

my new Sony Ericsson K550i

great phone with some troubles

On Tuesday I got my new mobile phone. A Sony Ericsson K550i.
It’s pretty cool!
The keys are a plus for the design but you have to get used to their size. After the first messages they are not a problem anyway.

The rest of the phone is like usual for Sony Ericsson good working, easy to find and just for learning by doing. The menues are really intuitive and you will get along with it very fast.

For further details just visit the SE-Website: Sony Ericsson

The only problem I had was the speaker of the phone. The voice was delivered very crackled and the crackling increased during each call. So I brought it back to the store yesterday and got immediatly a new one.
Same problem again?! That’s disapointing!
I didn’t test it at the store because I wouldn’t have thought that the new one had the same error. So I went the the shop again today.
They told me that the last piece they had was sold yesterday.
As soon as they get the new delivery the will give me a call.
Maybe that’s the best way. I guess that there is a production error within this series and maybe the phone of the next delivery will have speakers from another delivery to the factory too and so the problem could eventually be solved.

The people from the Sony Ericsson Service Center are really great and seem to understand what you are telling them. They told me at once that this goes as DoA (Dead on Arrival) and that I can just go to the shop and get a new one and the rest is up to SE.
The people from the shop were also very nice and it in deed wasn’t a problem to get the new phone.

When I told the lady from the SE Service Center about the same trouble with the new one she was a bit surprised and told me that they haven’t got a message about specific problems with the speakers but I am sure it won’t take long ‘til they get one. On the net I read some articles from people with similar problems with several models.

Now I will just put the K550i back into the packing and wait for the call from the shop.

I really hope that the next one will work fine and Sony Ericsson will be rehabilitated (for me at least). Until now I had a high opinion of them, but now it was slammed to the ground.
I don’t understand why a company that produces WalkmanPhones uses such crappy speakers for the phone.

Hang on for the update when I get the next one!

No comments: